Friday, February 03, 2006

This is me, ranting about something, I don't know much about.

Yesterday, I saw advertisements for a few different piece of software that supposedly 'help' a writer along with 3,000 or so pre-determined conflicts. I was mildly interested at first, because I don't consider Notepad a word processor, and was looking into getting one. If I read this right though, these programs augment your own writing, with their 'bag o' tricks'. This might me okay for some people, but I think it's a bit lame. I mean honestly, if I wrote a script or a novel with these programs, I don't think I could legitimately call it my own work.

I guess I am a little old-fashioned, even though I am a bit of a technophile/gadget guy, but honestly, where does talent end and the program take over? If someone knows better, let me know, because I am just basing an opinion off of a half page ad. It's one thing for a program to correct your writing by say, fixing grammar or format, but adding it's own insight is more than a bit disconcerting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home