Saturday, February 04, 2006

The Quest for the Holy DS

It was a dark and stormy day, as my mother and I ventured from her residence to procure a Nintendo DS Mario Kart bundle and Animal Crossing DS for my bedridden sister. The journey was long and arduous, but in the end, we prevailed.

We set out for he sprawling Target store, to no avail, they did not have either the glorious red DS nor the carttridge we wanted. No matter, I said. Right across the street is the mecca, GameStop. Surely they will have what we desire. Alas, no they too, were plundered of all of their cartridges and the fabled red DS was a limited edition, no longe being sold.

"Fie on the GameStop, mother!" I proclaimed as we exited. "Never in my life have I known a GameStop clerk to know what he was talking about!" "Across yonder intersection, I spot the desolate K-Mart. They are known to have stock after it is officially discontinued."

The first taste of success! In the barren aisles of K-Mart I spotted a gleaming red box of wonder! "This is it! We must procure it here, we will not find it again!" Mother agreed, and we bought the crimson box of racing Nintendo goodness. Sadly, Animal Crossing was again sold out.

We were at our wits end, we phoned my dear sister and told her the bittersweet news. Notably disappointed mother and I redoubled our efforts, even though it meant we had to venture crosstown to the bustling bounty of Best Buy. Astoundingly, they too, were sold out.

A plan then formed in my grey matter. "Mother, I know of a place in yon strip mall that deals in used games, although the shop is always crowded beyond capacity, I sense we may have luck there." I was ready, but my mother knew she would not survive the waves of patrons, so I ventured alone armed with my wits and a single fifty dollar bill. I braved the teeming masses, and found the game section, on display was a lone, unopened, and thankfully brand new copy of Animal Crossing DS. I asked the shopkeep to open the glass prison the games are stored in, and took it to the register. Calloo, Callay! Our quest was finished, and we celebrated my clogging our arteries with a bounty from the local Taco Bell, returned home, and a fun time was had by all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home