Friday, February 24, 2006

40 lashes with a wet noodle!

I've been a terrible slacker. Well, I could justify things, but I don't feel like talking about real life so instead, lets indulge in some escapeism!

Have you ever dreamed you could fly? Of the dreams I have remembered, I can fly in a lot of them. I am a bit wary of heights in real life, but in my dreams, I can loop the loop with the best of them, flying alongside airplanes, to spook onlookers, soaring with the birds... It's incredibly liberating, and if anyone invents an anti-gravity belt or a rocket pack, I will likely invest my entire life savings to have one.

In the movies, I have always envied The Rocketeer because I felt it really gets across that feeling of unadulterated freedom you'd have by being able to take to the skies. To be honest though, if rocket packs were real I don't think I'd like them as much, cause I wouldn't be flying under my own power. Having an engine on my back isn't what I'd call freedom, but the idea is all that matters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home