Friday, January 20, 2006

What Dreams May Come...

I don't remember my dreams often, but when I do, it's almost always something pretty strange. The night before last I had a dream where I was working in an incredibly high-tech bank, and for some reason I was there after hours, and then there was a group of criminals who were able to break in and steal a lot of cash. I was dreaming a heist movie, apparently. I like heist movies, but the dream took a weird turn after the robbery because since I was in the bank at the time, I was framed for the crime. So instead of examining available evidence and trying to prove my innocence rationally (honestly it would have been simple, a high tech bank surely has surveillance cameras?), I ran for it. So now I guess my dream went from being a heist movie to an episode of The Fugitive.

I know there was more to it, but the nature of dreams you know, if you don't write it down, you're likely to forget it. Still, it was pretty odd. I wish there was a way to record dreams, that would be the single most incredible invention of the age. You could experience the weirdness of your subconscious again and again. At least the above dream wasn't as weird as the time I was Jackie Chan's chauffeur, that was just freakishly odd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home