Tuesday, January 10, 2006

A Sci-Fi Idea

A lot of times, when I try to go to sleep, ideas start bouncing around in my head, I should write them down right then, but I was too lazy to get out of bed, so here's what I recall.

One of my favorite sub-genres of science fiction is time travel. One thing I noticed about it though, is if the time travelers somehow change the past, they are the only ones aware of it, and the rest of the world goes on like nothing happened. So wouldn' it be interesting, if there was a cadre of unscrupulous people who continuously used a time machine to change things to their liking, and by chance, possibly to balance the cosmic scales, a lone mental patient starts to develop a form of Multiple Personality Disorder, but his MPD is actually time displaced versions of himself coming to the surface, they remember how the world was, and not how it is, and they know they're the only ones who can fix it?

It could easily be an ongoing series where the protagonist goes on a merry chase against the group of time travelers, using knowledge from various alternate versions of himself to be better prepared to combat these depraved souls who are threatening to destroy the fabric of reality just because they wanted to live in luxury.

Anyway, I don't know if there was more... I really need to get a notebook or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home