Friday, January 13, 2006

Oh noes! Friday the 13th!

I am kind of surprised that superstitions are still as prominent in this day and age. I would have thought that the majority of people's common sense would have evolved as science tells us more about how our world works, but maybe people still let themselves believe in superstitions because it's fun to do so.

I don't really get any kind of thrill about being scared, but I can still let superstition entertain me. Ok, it's Friday the 13th, now I just need to find a black cat to cross my path while I spill salt walking under a ladder. If I am ok, then maybe people will not give superstition as much thought, and if I end up with a ton of bricks falling on my head or something else equally dire, then I guess after I get out of hospital, I'll eat some crow.

Yes, this was a complete waste of time, and not really writing per se but, I am again strapped for time, and it was the first thing that popped in my head.

1 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Blogger Jubilee said...

I don't think superstition is quite the right word. I know from experience that when my life is going well, something is just waiting around the corner to complicate my life.

I prefer to have no luck, rather than good. So I don't have the requisite bad luck bounce back effect. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home